The Nikon Z6 and Z7 mirrorless cameras are now officially announced.
The Nikon US site has a good comparsion of the two cameras!
The main difference:
- 45.7 MP on the Z7 vs 24.5 MP on the Z6
- 493 MP on the Z7 vs 273 on the Z6
- 9 FPS on the Z7 vs 12 on the Z6
- Z7 offers 8k timelapse (up to 9’999 images)
- EXPEED 6 (one version higher than the D850)
- 4K Ultra HD
- 10-bit N-Log HDMI Output
- 1080 120p slow motion
- Hybrid AF in video mode
- 90% auto focus coverage
- Tiltable touchscreen
- Rugged Magnesium Alloy material for the body and weather sealing
- PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus)
- One major drawback for many: There is only 1 card slot and this is an XQD (expansive, but Nikon will offer its own ones; no use for old cards / cardreaders and no chance for an in camera backup => not what a wedding photographer wants)
The IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation) should offer 5 stops of image stabilization (CIPA standards when used with the new 24-70mm at 70mm) or up to 3 stops with Nikon F lenses. Nikon states also: ” Additional electronic VR (e-VR) can be combined during video capture.” but there is no word if Nikon F lenses with VR can use the lens VR.