Well, we hear and see more from Nikon’s new mirrorless camera every now and then.
In 12 days we will see the official announcement. Time to think for yourself: What do I want/need from the new mirrorless camera?
Doing a checklist for yourself will help you to avoid getting into the GAS-trap.
So here an example of my minimum requirements. If the camera does not fulfill this and doesn’t offer an equivalent replacement, I will not buy the new camera.
My minimal requirements list:
- Dual card slots
- >= 24MP
- Great grip (current images look good)
- BSI sensor (back side illuminated)
- 5-axis image stabilisation which provides at least 4 additional stops
- Nikon F adapter supporting VR and AF. AF speed with the adapter should not be less than 70% of the normal speed of the lens.
- >400 AF points covering >80% of the sensor area
- 1080p video with better AF than in the DSLRs
- Body lighter than 800gr
- Battery allowing > 600 Shots
- Tilt screen
- Touchscreen for AF selection
- Focus peaking for manual focus
And then I have a wishlist for things I want, but do not see as a minimum. Some of those things are from the list above, but with higher values:
- AF speed >95% of the performance I had on the D750
- 4k video with much better AF than in the DSLRs
- Lens Roadmap for the new mount
- Body lighter than 700gr